The deposit money for the cans and bottles that the rescue corps collect go to local Red Cross activities. Since 2001, the rescue corps have collected over 20 million kroner in deposit money.
Over 100 rescue corps in 16 counties have deployed more than 1 000 collection containers in cabin areas and hiking areas across the country. The containers are a service to holidaymakers and others that reside far from retailers and other collection points.
How it works:
- The rescue corps must obtain permission to deploy the collection containers.
- The rescue corps must deploy the collection containers themselves.
- Infinitum sends stickers and posters to the rescue corps, so they can label the collection containers and inform the local community.
- The containers and their surrounding areas must be kept clean and tidy. The rescue corps must collect and sort the empties.
- The rescue corps must pay for the bags they use for the sorted empties. A pack of 30 bags costs 447 kroner, and 513 kroner when delivered on the door.
- The Red Cross receive the deposit (1,- kroner or 2.50,- kroner for each empty) plus a handling fee of 5 øre per can and 10 øre per bottle.
- Infinitum provides for the free retrieval of filled bags.
The rescue corps can order equipment like bags, strips, cartons and the like through the order page.
Registration and other information
If you have any questions, or wish to register your rescue corps for the collection of empties, please contact us:
+47 22 12 15 20